Great communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to work well with other production personnel. Solid attendance, punctuality, self-motivation, and the ability to work well under pressure are necessary. Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and ask questions if necessary to prevent misunderstanding.
Must have experience or the capacity to learn press operations and all related quality procedures. Must be able to perform daily preventive maintenance including equipment cleaning and other tasks as assigned. Must participate in production and quality problem troubleshooting or improvement activities.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in manufacturing heat exchanger components, applying knowledge of press setup and operating techniques and production methods.
- Applies Lean Manufacturing Methodology throughout operation. Successful track record of implementing 5S, Standardized Operations, JIT, FIFO, Work Flow Balance, Pre-Operation Inspection and Mold/Die Quick Change.
- Reviews production and quality reports in order to identify opportunities for improvement. Able to build production and quality improvement plans to drive team performance.
- Identifies machine and tooling issues and arranges for repair or improvement.
- Reviews production schedules and work orders, and assigns duties to workers according to order priorities. Provides constant monitoring of hourly employees to ensure they are on task and working productively through hourly audits and other management tools.
- Examines product quality to identify product defects and adjusts machines to eliminate flaws.
- Audits product from each machine to verify conformance to specifications.
- Conducts and directs training of new employees in machine operation, quality inspection, performance tracking and work procedures. Develops team members to achieve maximum results.
- Must meet daily production standards.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Confers with management and other supervisors to resolve production problems. Actively engages with support teams to address issues in a timely manner. Communicates clearly with all co-workers and supervision.
- Leader of continuously improving safety behavior. Responsible for monitoring and enforcing safety policies as well as maintaining reports with required EHS data.
- Has solid attendance, starts work on time.
- Able to work Monday – Friday 1st shift (some 2nd shift and weekends may be required)
- Strong team leader to push crew to the next level
- Basic PC Skills: Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- High School Diploma Required, additional education a plus
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Mechanical skills: Able to perform minor machine adjustments and able to change tooling
- Must be able to obtain fork truck and overhead crane certifications for operation
- Must complete assigned EHS training
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management team.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS and Skills:
- Results driven
- Lean experience, with streamline manufacturing skills-top notch, quick turn around and customer driven.
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive work in a fast paced work environment, which includes long periods of standing, walking and some light lifting.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Regular on-site attendance is required
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.