Great communication and interpersonal skills are necessary. Must be able to work well with other production personnel. Solid attendance, punctuality, self-motivation, and the ability to work well under pressure are necessary. Must be able to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions, and ask questions if necessary to prevent misunderstanding.
Must have experience or the capacity to learn press operations and all related quality procedures. Must be able to perform daily preventive maintenance including equipment cleaning and other tasks as assigned. Must participate in production and quality problem troubleshooting or improvement activities.
- Responsible for single compression molding machine to form synthetic rubber gaskets.
- Performs typical press operations by loading press with rope, making adjustments as needed.
- Manually finish gaskets by removing excess material.
- Must meet daily production standards.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Communicates clearly with all co-workers and supervision.
- Clocks in and out per shift requirements and lunch scheduling.
- Has solid attendance, starts work on time.
- Must be able to work as part of a team
- Must satisfy all quality standards and quality processes.
- Must conform to current health, environmental, and safety standards.
- Communicate with operators from previous shift to receive important job information
- Must be able to perform but not limited to the following tasks:
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs periodically.
- Must be able to perform daily operations including equipment cleaning, making minor adjustments on assigned production material equipment as necessary to maintain and enhance production of quality parts in an efficient fashion.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Ensures own safety and the safety of others by following all safety regulations.
- Conforms to and stays abreast of company policies.
- Commits to corporate goals, mission and vision.
- General housekeeping duties
- Perform inspections during production to identify defects in raw materials by visual inspection and utilization of visual aids.
- Competitive Wage
- Medical Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Attendance Bonus
- Uniforms Provided
- Clean Work Environment
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick Time
- Annual boot allowance
- YMCA Membership
- Adoption Services
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Assistance
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have the ability to perform repetitive work in a fast paced work environment, which includes long periods of standing, occasional walking and some light lifting
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend written English
- Must be able to perform basic math skills including addition, subtraction, and multiplication
- Regular on-site attendance is required
- Great job for someone just entering the workforce
- A job for all ages, including older job seekers
- Open to applicants who just graduated
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.