WCR Incorporated is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized individual to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of suppliers and will be responsible for all aspects of the supply chain.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Source and procure raw materials, parts, services, machinery, equipment, tools, and/or other supplies as necessary.
- Initiate requests for quotes and proposals.
- Work closely with and quote internal customers (Sales department).
- Keep internal customers updated on deliveries/discrepancies
- Negotiate with suppliers to ensure best value and find opportunities to reduce cost and improve performance.
- Create Purchase Orders from Purchase Requisitions in Sage ERP System.
- Place POs with suppliers and track supplier acknowledgements and updates.
- Resolve discrepancies as required.
- Manage inbound domestic and import shipments.
- Invoice reconciliation and payment approval.
- Maintain proper inventory levels per order policy and to support the production schedule.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Possess a solid understanding of Purchasing-related best practices.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Computer proficient with good data entry skills.
- Self-motivated; capable of working independently.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Associate Degree in Business or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of Purchasing experience.
- Ability to make accurate and timely decisions.
- Strong judgment and critical thinking – identify and evaluate issues at hand.
- Must be a team player, open to working closely with others.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office. (Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to run reports and manipulate Excel spreadsheets as needed.
- Experience with ERP software required; SAGE 100 software experience is a plus.
- Experience with importing shipments required.
- Experience with any inventory advisor software a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Office and manufacturing/service shop environment.
- While in warehouses, exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a manufacturing/service facility.
- $55K – $60K a year
- 401(k) Plan with matching contribution
- Health, life, dental and vision insurance
- Vacation / Sick Pay
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.